Tuesday 30 March 2010

True Jenny style

I know it's been a long while since my last post, it kind of got to a point where I didn't know where to start which in it's self became a bit daunting. Happy New Year by the way ;)

Apart from that, I've been well and have been going out a lot more but I'll get on to that in a moment, first I need to get up to speed with what's been happening.

Since London, I've had private head shrinkage which was required by Dr. Curtis if I wanted him to prescribe hormones for me. I did 3 months or so of that and was to my amazement deemed sane, I found it a great help although it did make me think about things (what it's supposed to do) and decided I wasn't at the point where I wanted to start on hormones so I didn't go back to see Dr. Curtis.

I have also been talking to a lady from the NHS about things which has been a great help and my NHS referral came through although I didn't know about it until after Christmas when I spoke to my GP again. I called them up and it turns out they had the wrong address, I corrected them and got another appointment through the post that I received and acknowledged.

Before Christmas I had decided to tell my parents about what has been happening, I actually decided to tell them a few months beforehand but it actually happened about a week or so just before in the end. They were really supportive at first and seemed to take it really well which was great and made me feel really happy about it, reality then hit with what it actually meant and then (/now) are finding it hard to come to terms with. With statements like "But you really like girls", "the music you listen to isn't very girly", "you like outdoor sports" and "you've never shown any signs of being feminine" are a selection.

I've been having (proper) laser on my face since before Christmas at sk:n clinics which I would recommend, the laser snaps a lot more than IPL but the results are so much better - IPL didn't have any real effect but laser worked from the first session with hairs falling out a week or so after the treatment.

I think that's pretty much what's been going on with me over the last 6 months with one omission but I'll talk about that another time. As I said earlier, I've been going out a lot more to public places, I decided before I could make any decisions about going full time it would be a good idea to spend more time out and about so that's what I've been doing. I've been out for walks, to the pub for lunch, cinema, theatre, restaurants, bowling and by no means least shopping.

Sorry I've not put a pic on, I'll dig one out for the next post.
Take care,
Jenny

2 comments:

alan said...

Just happy to find you here again and know you're doing "OK"! Was remembering your New Year's pic from last year and hoping you were happy!

I'm not sure our parents are ever happy with anything we do...after I lost my Dad ('83) a lot of people told me how proud he was of me, but I never heard it from him; my Mom's world has always centered around her and I've been trying "to put her in the asylum" since I was old enough to understand what she meant. I hope yours decide that you are more important than their expectations because you are!

alan

Vanessa Law said...

Welcome back hon.